Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Add my voice in spirit

Thinking of: Live's 'What are We Fighting For?'

Thousands march in Washington, other U.S. cities to protest Iraq war

Four years of death and destruction, with no clear end in sight--I opposed this war then, I oppose it now. We should have be concentrating on Osama bin Laden and Al Quaeda, not invading another country entirely. I'm not saying that nothing good has come out of the war; Saddam Hussein's toppling was a good thing. But that wasn't ostensibly why we entered this war, and the reasons were tenuous at best, lies at worst. But now things have degenerated into a civil war, and the whole thing's a mess.

I still support the troops, but I think this is an unjust war. And the cost to coalition members and particularly the Iraqi people are staggering. Please, to those in charge of this fiasco, please end it soon.

No comments: