Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 15, 2007

As you can probably tell, I'm playing catch-up

I didn't manage to cover all the things I have on my list, but did get to quite a few.

Some random things--

Tuesday morning I overslept even though I'd had a chance to recover some of the sleep I'd lost on Saturday night. My blood sugar was pretty high, so I think that was a factor. I never heard my alarm, and according to my clock, I never tried resetting it or anything. It's a little disturbing--I've had one other time when I was supposed to go get someone late at night and slept right through the meeting. My friends tried calling me to no avail, so one of them called another set of friends who had a car and sent them over to check on me. The doorbell never woke me up. Finally, they knocked on my window and set Cerys barking. I finally woke up, groggy, feeling practically drunk. Blood sugar ups and downs are touchy, scary things.

Fortunately the errands I was to run Tuesday afternoon were postponed, so I was able to go home on a nice sunny, warm spring-like day, prop the window open, and I slept for three-and-a-half hours. Then I did laundry, but still got to bed early that night, so today I felt refreshed and woke up early. I'm up a little late tonight, but I'm going to bed soon. I just wanted to update a little.

Hope your week is going well. I'm happy we're over the hump. Tomorrow I get paid (yay!) at the hospital and maybe the gas station, which is good, as I have 44 cents in my checking account as of right now. 44 cents! Agh! I'm looking forward to lunch, which is breakfast; I may use my anniversary card (free meal ticket) for it. We'll see. Or I may save it for when I'm truly destitute.

I'm also trying to decide what to do with the points that I earn in my checking account. Every time I use my debit card or write a cheque I accrue points. I'm over 20,000 now. I could get a $50 Macy's card, among other rewards. Or, I could save up another 20,000 and get a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com. I'm trying to make up my mind. I think I'll wait for now and see how quickly they're accruing. I think it took 6 months to get the 20,000. I've got four years before they expire. I think I'll let them build up.

No comments: