Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 04, 2006

Wow, I'm tired

and a little sore, but it's a good type of tired, the type where you've worked very hard and accomplished a lot. Over the last few days I have sanded, primered, and painted a group of bookcases and then yesterday put in 16 hours in unpacking, sorting, and putting books up on the shelves. There's more to do tonight, actually. The only casualty was a knob that I broke when I dropped a shelf on my foot. I'm having trouble matching the knob, and I may have to call the carpenter to find out where she got them. Everything else has run pretty smoothly, although I am not in my element when it comes to painting--I've done very little, and most of that recently. I am in my element when it comes to the books, though. I have to admit, I resented having to do all this despite the fact that I agreed to it, but I wound up enjoying it. Maybe I'm just masochistic.

I started checking my blood sugar again the other day and it's been running a little over 200, which isn't good. I need to start eating better. At least my testing strips have fallen from $25 to $7, so I don't have an excuse not to test. My metformin is also $7; I take it really regularly in the morning, but I need to remember to take it in the evening.

That's about all I have to report for now. Have a good day.

No comments: