Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm doomed

Housework cuts breast cancer risk

Oh, wait a minute. I don't do much housework at home, but I do it for others. Maybe that'll help. Not that I'm doing 16-17 hours of it a week. I'm already at a higher risk being overweight and not having a child by age 30. On the plus side? According to the doctor who read my first (and only) mammogramme, I have perfect breasts. How often do you get that from someone? Apparently you can see right through the tissue, clear as a bell, with no fibrous issues. On the negative side, I rarely do a breast self-exam even though I know how to do it and know the benefits involved. I just don't remember to. I need one of those shower cards, I think.

The weird thing about this study? Having a physical job was not as beneficial as doing housework, so it's not merely physical activity. It seems to be a combination of factors involved.

Oh, well, I guess I'm doing some fairly odd posts today. But it is the end of the year, got to get them in now, right?

No comments: