Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Carols for the Disturbed

These were sent to me in an e-mail from a co-worker with a background in psychology. And before you say, that's mean, you're making fun of crazy people, I have four--maybe five--of these myself. (Long-time readers should know which ones.) I'm allowed to make fun of crazy, because I'm crazy, right?

1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?
2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are
3. Dementia --- I Think I'll be Home for Christmas
4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me
5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....
6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me
7. Borderline Personality Disorder --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire
8. Passive-Agressive Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why
9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent night, Holy oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?
10. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder --- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

I'll add...let's not forget

11. Major Depression --- I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You

One person on the Internet mentioned trying to type out the Tourette's version of Little Drummer Boy.

I added the Passive-Agressive aspect of the personality disorder above, because it's missing from all the ones I've seen on the Internet but we (YKWIA and I) think that's what they're getting at, even if it's not an official diagnosis anymore.

Personally I've always found the Dreidel Song to be a little manic, too. Of all the above, I love the ADHD one the best. It's so me. And in case you're wondering, it's manic (bipolar), borderline personality, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and ADHD, with the passive-agressive thing not an official diagnosis but I certainly can be a pain because of it.

No comments: