Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 18, 2006

Well, I'm starting my day off well

Yes, I'm being facetious. I overslept for one. Last night I fell asleep in the recliner and when I stumbled to bed I forgot to set my alarm. So I woke up 15 minutes after I was supposed to be at work. My boss in the Motion Lab was cool with it, at least, and we didn't have any patients scheduled at the time (or today, for that matter). But as a result I didn't have time to blow dry my hair or do anything like makeup, and I have a job interview later today at a local public library. Nor was I able to get my hair cut over the weekend. So, I'm not putting my best foot forward on that. I'll just have to wow them with my winning charm and knowledge of reference work. :)

Also, I checked my checking account and apparently although I've been very good about writing everything down, somewhere I'm off $17.55, and my account has dipped into the negative, which isn't good, as I don't get paid until Thursday. I went back all the way to September and there wasn't anything I missed, so it has to go back further than that. Nor did I see any obvious bank errors. I had to use algebra to get the amount I was short. Haven't done that in years. :) Oh, well, I'll survive, but I hate paying fees. At least my phone bill, which is set as an automatic debit, went through okay. I have one other debit out that usually takes a couple of days to hit, so that may mean two charges. Grrr. In the meantime I have a couple of dollars and change in my pocket, so I'll have to be frugal. And I am owed some money, so maybe I can collect that. :) Plus, I still have $15 on that Wal-Mart card. The good news is when I get paid Thursday (I'm not counting on getting paid at the gas station before then, as they've been running late going into the holidays, partly because the cheques have to come through the mail), I only have two bills to pay and some money I owe my mom. The rest can go to holiday presents and sit in my account for the coming scale-back once the Motion Lab gig is over, which should be the 27th.

On a brighter note, one of my co-workers in the Motion Lab gave us little tins full of Chex mix, which is very nummy. And my Secret Santa got a little mixed up on the days, so I have a bag of miniature Reese's cups (today it's supposed to be something colourful, tomorrow something sweet). That's okay, though, it's nice to have little bits of chocolate and peanut butter I can eat a little bit at a time. (Well, that's the idea anyway).

Wish me luck on the job interview. It would be nice to have another part-time library job, even if it is in the next town, although not too far away; it's maybe ten miles outside of town.

No comments: