Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mark your aeon with Cthulhu calendars

I tried posting this earlier but ran into technical difficulties.

First, there's the Cthulhu Mythos Vertical Calendar by John Coulthart. There's also the Cthulhu Mythos Calendar by Simon Bucher-Jones.

I didn't find a 2007 version of my Li'l Cthulhu flip calendar that brought so much joy this past year. As an example, yesterday's read that in 1947 a Michigan woman strangled her husband, chopped his body up into parts, and then wrapped them up as Christmas presents. Now that's creative gift giving. The only complaint I have about the Li'l Cthulhu calendar is that it was way off on the Jewish holidays. But as a Jewish friend put it, Jews are the Chosen of G-d; falling to the influence of Cthulhoids is a Gentile thing. (And certainly I can't think of any of the stories where a Jew becomes an evil cultist worshipping, say Yog Sothoth.) :)

No comments: