Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today I crashed

after days of primering, painting, sorting books--but no notes, bad Lisa--plus some holiday shopping yesterday, it was time for a break. I'd like to say I did a lot of work on the house (I didn't, except gather up papers and other detritous to go out) or read my Amelia Peabody mystery (I'm making it through a little at a time, despite the delightful read), but I can't. I ate, and then I slept, just as I'm likely to sleep now that I've had my bedtime snack of peanut butter sandwich and a tangerine.

The good thing is that I'm ready for Secret Santa at work, which starts tomorrow with 'something fun' and Chanukah, which starts Friday night. Well, almost ready--I'll need to stop by a couple of stores for a couple of small things for Chanukah, but the majority of it is covered. Whew.

I'm going to try to take the 21st and 22nd off (my religious holidays and also prime post-payday shopping) from the hospital, then the 28th and the 29th the next week, since I won't be able to visit my family on Christmas day due to working at the gas station. That leaves me working the Tuesday and Wednesday after Christmas; Wednesday should be my last day in the Motion Lab, so soon it will be goodbye to extra money. But on a bright note, I have an interview next Monday with a local public library for a part-time reference position. Wish me luck.

Okay, I'm decidedly sleepy now. It's off to take meds and sleep. Have a good night, and a good holiday, too.

No comments: