Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Diwali!

My neighbours are celebrating Diwali, a festival of India where people put up lines of lights (in this case, brightly coloured electric lights, such as you usually see at Christmas) all about. It celebrates the triumph of good over evil, and is celebrated about this time every year over five days, with the apex at the new moon. My neighbours also have a beautiful silk butterfly on their door and reflective balls on the windows and a garland about the door. They live across from me, and another family lives in the next building, and they often get together for dinner. Tonight they are in their finery and the smells coming from the apartment are to die for. I'm tempted to wish them a happy holiday and see if they'd feed me. :)

Anyway, for those of you who celebrate this holiday, I hope it goes well. And for those of you who celebrate it as new year, happy new year!

No comments: