Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I ran out of gas (again) last night

this time picking up a friend from work. We had to push my car back up a hill to get it out of the way of the hospital shuttles, and it took both of us to do it. In fact at one point, we had to let go and I ran to get the brake on, then got to level ground and was able to start the car long enough to get it back into a parking space. Then we walked to a nearby gas station. But then it turned out that neither of us could pay, and so a Good Samaritan went ahead and paid for $3 in gas so we could get home. Thank you! Let's say it was an adventure. But were were able to go to the grocery and get a little more money for gas. Hopefully I'll get paid today and can fill up. I'm going to have to start budgeting about $35 a week for gas, which is painful because for awhile there I was allowed to use coupons to essentially get free gas. That only lasted over the summer, but it got us through quite a bit. Now I'm spending about $5 a day on it. :( At least I get paid today (hopefully) and tomorrow (definitely), and it should include more money from working in the lab.

All told I wound up being out till almost 3 am last night so I'm a little tired this morning.

No comments: