Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Argh! My car won't start

I was back on the bus today, with 100 pennies for the fare, since the car konked out right before payday. I'm hoping it's something simple like the battery (although the lights and radio work, maybe it's not charged enough to start) or spark plugs. I hope it's not the actual starter.

Poor Lorraine. Yes, I named her during the last period-of-no-car. She's a Ford Taurus, which always reminds me of upper-middle-age women in personality, and the name is one I associate likewise.

So this afternoon I'm going to 1) not go to the dentist 2) try to get the car fixed and 3) hopefully get paid, since I don't have any money for tomorrow's busride if we can't fix it.

Sigh.

No comments: