Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 01, 2006

A friend alerted me

to a story on a local evening news about how an Indian security system is in charge of protecting the chemical weapons at Bluegrass Army Depot, and the controversy ensuing as the result of a foreign company--whose CEO was linked with President Bush in footage--having anything to do with nerve gas and other weapons of mass destruction at our nearby depot. I can't find anything out on the web by it, and today's newspaper didn't arrive as usual, but I'll keep trying. I admit that it's certainly worrisome. Here in Lexington there's a controversy over whether our water company should be locally owned or owned by a German company, as it is presently. How much more important it is to figure out who has access to nerve and other chemical agents that could kill thousands if there was a leak!

PS I did see just a snippet about it myself, so I know the channel, WTVQ 36. Apparently the company was linked to a Sikh religious organisation but has been reorganised to erase any direct links. A spokesperson for the company said that all employees had to go through rigourous clearances. Unfortunately, they didn't put the story on the Internet, so I don't have complete details. I have asked them to do so.

No comments: