Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pressies!!!

A friend gave me a birthday present (yes, my birthday was at the beginning of April, but he rarely pays attention to timetables, which makes for a better surprise). I received two wonderful presents. The first is the newest Amelia Peabody novel, which I just realised was out a few days ago whilst perusing a magazine that had one of those Mystery Guild cards in it. So I now have Tomb of the Golden Bird by Elizabeth Peters. I'm eager to read it, but I want to savour it. Amelia and her clan are aging, as is their creator. I'm not sure how many more books there will be. :) The second gift was a miniature zen garden, which was perfect. Apparently this selection took quite a bit of thought. The first thing that cried out 'Lisa' was the miniature belly dancing kit with the little cymbals (I know they're called something else...it it zills?) But he decided not to loose that upon the world. (Actually, I own that one already.) :D Then there was the tiny bonsai, but with my attention span he couldn't see me waiting for it to grow, and what if I snipped too much??? The zen garden is perfect, because on one hand it's soothing, and on the other hand, it's perfect for someone with ADD and OCD because I can fuss with it until I get it like I want it, and it stays that way until my attention comes back to it. Somehow I don't think that's the point of the zen garden, but, there you go. :) Anyway, YKWIA, thank you thank you thank you. I'll enjoy these immensely.

PS Happy Old Bealtaine, which I tend to celebrate rather than the standard May Day celebration.

No comments: