Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Only problem with getting the computer back working

is I stayed up to 2 am doing stuff like downloading Firefox and some extensions, various programs designed to make my life easier, etc., etc. One extension by Google allows you to see comments that others have written on their blogs about another blog you read. Thus, for example, I can read Liz talking about sending her secret pal goodies, and those sent to her, and then go to the secret pal's blog and see those goodies from her perspective. Yes, I have no life. Right? But still, it's a neat concept.

One piece of software I found is particularly intriguing. It's called yWriter and it's by the same person who does the freeware BookDB. It's a novel writing tool that allows you to set up characters, chapters, tension, conflict, rate the humour involved, etc. It's really nifty. I transferred some work that I'd done and had in separate blogs and then deleted the blogs, leaving this as my only beloved blog.

Next on the 'get Lisa's computer back up and running' is to see if I can take my old hard drive and recover the data by making it a slave to the current master. That sounds awful if you don't know the computer lingo, doesn't it? But that is for another day. For now, I leave you with a meme from Scratching the Itch:

01) A conscientious lawn mower who cuts it at least once a week or a procrastinating lawn moving avoider who lets it reach nigh jungle level before you cut it? I don't mow lawns, but if I did, I'd be a procrastinator, definitely.
02) One who likes to have sex while music is playing or one who likes to have sex without any musical distraction? Sex with music sounds fine, depending on the music.
03) The kind of person who would have a fire (bonfire or in a firebowl) despite local laws prohibiting them or the kind of person who wouldn't because, hey, they're illegal? Bonfires are a religious observance for me, although I do prefer to get a permit from the fire department.
04) A hard-spot-to-get weed-whacker user or an "if the lawn mower can't reach it, it's not getting cut" type? Never used one but if I did, I'd cut everything suitable for cutting in a most obsessive way.
05) Preferring of wooden decks or preferring of stone / formed concrete blocks / brick decks? I misread this as ducks for a minute there...was wondering what the hell a brick duck was. Umm...stone decks, more popularly known as terraces or patios.
06) A fan of winter sports (hockey, skating, curling) or summer sports (baseball, golf, volleyball)? Winter because of ice skating. I sit in awe because there's no way I could do it without falling flat on my butt.
07) Happy with your neighbours or unhappy with your neighbours? I love my neighbours. One is a policeman, representing security. The others are Indian, representing wonderful smells of delicious food I wish they'd share with me, but in the meantime I will simply sniff with pleasure.
08) One who tries to shoo away bees / run away from them or one who leaves them alone knowing they'll just go away once they realize you're not a flower and not a threat? Leaves them alone, doesn't run, and lets them crawl all over me until they figure out I'm not putting out nectar.
09) A lover of structured fun or a lover of unstructured fun? Structured fun. I don't like the idea of losing control over what I'm doing.
10) Selfish with your possessions or selfish with your personal time? Selfish with my possessions, sadly, especially food and books. My personal time I'm quite generous with.

No comments: