Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'd like to read this

Marley & Me by John Grogan, the story of a family and their very rambunctious golden lab, after hearing an interview with the author on the radio this morning. My favourite was how the dog went through the sheet rock of a wall when frightened by a storm. Then there was the window that his tail broke. Dogs do some of the weirdest, destructive things, and we forgive them every bit, because they are such a part of our lives. With my own lab nearly fifteen and in the sunset of her life, I look back at things like destroyed quilts and dolls and can't be angry, because there's been so much love and companionship, too. I can't imagine what things will be like without Cerys, and yet, I know that someday (probably soon), I'll have to endure it. But having the memories of our beloved pets is one thing we're blessed with. This sounds like a great tribute to a wonderful 'bad' dog.

No comments: