Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 10, 2003

Zzzzzzz...

listening to: 'Clocks' by Coldplay; 'Fallen' by Sarah MacLachlan; 'When I'm Gone' by 3 Doors Down
feeling: Tired

I'm sleepy, but I can't go to bed yet because I have a load of laundry in the dryer. It's just enough to have an outfit to wear to my library meeting tomorrow and jammies tonight. I'll do more tomorrow, but really, tomorrow is another day.

It took me a long time to get home tonight. I think I said some very unkind things about LexTran. Two months later, they're still not running the peak schedule buses and i keep getting stuck when they make the switch in times/send buses to the garage. It's disheartening to see two buses go out in the other direction and know you'll wait awhile for one of them to come back. At one point I just went on back to work. Poor Dwana felt guilty because she's been through a lot today and really couldn't come pick me up--not that she should be driving tonight, and I understand that. (So would you if she could blog about it; her computer's having fits, but keep checking back, I'm sure she'll eventually get to post.) Suffice to say more medical procedures were involved, and she's in pain, bleeding, and faint. No driving allowed. :)

But one thing helped...listening to a little FM radio play Barenaked Ladies' 'Another Postcard'. You just can't help but laugh at that song...the visual of chimpanzees in all these different roles is too much.

Tomorrow I'm going to Harrodsburg to a BML meeting. It'll be nice to spend time with some other librarians and get out of the city for a little while. And I don't have to ride the bus anywhere tomorrow. :)

My mom called tonight, too, and we set up things so I'll be visiting on Thanksgiving day. Momma's actually off that Wednesday night, so we can visit and she won't be really sleepy. :) It can be difficult getting together when people are on different shifts; but then my mom's worked nights for nearly all the time I've been alive. She asked how I was doing and I told her about the near-eviction and the retirement money helping and impending court, and I guess maybe she's in a better place financially now because she told me to let her know if I needed any help. I'll know more next week. But that helped. I'm trying to do okay on my own (I'm 36, after all, shouldn't I be self-sufficient?) but it's reassuring to know there are people out there who care enough to help. I just hope one of the jobs I've applied for will pan out and I can finally get a little security. I'm at that point in my life where that's getting to be more important.

In the meantime, I find that I'm looking forward to the holidays, and I'm not depressed about the lack of money. I've decided to make baklava for the non-diabetic folks and crafts and small gifts for everyone else. I'm feeling better in general than I did the other day (I really think that was hormones rearing their ugly head). I'm hoping that keeps steady.

Okay, I think my laundry should be finished. I think I'm going to sleep early since I have to get up early. 'Night.

No comments: