Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

This really isn't a political blog, per se...

but politics affect us all in our daily lives, and I've obviously got opinions like everyone. There's one candidate for President that really resonates with my beliefs in what is important, and even though he's 'out there' on a limb of progressive liberalism and I don't think he'll really 'make it' as a party nominee, for now, leading up to the primary, I'm supporting him because he is the type of candidate I would want in office. His name is Dennis Kucinich, he's from Cleveland, Ohio and is currently a US Representative for that state. He's got a lot of enthusiasm, a refreshingly un-politics-as-usual platform, and is squarely in the court of the average American rather than big business or special interests. As such, I'm not sure he has a chance in hell of winning the nomination. But I like him, anyway. So, I'm adding a link to his official campaign site and the associated blog. Laugh if you want, but if we have a chance of working with the world rather than playing some sort of schoolyard bully, we're going to need more candidates like Kucinich.

No comments: