Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Okay, I have to give them credit.

This was a coup in terms of the sheer security logistics in a world with instant media scoops, and in terms of public relations: Bush secretly visits US troops in Baghdad. Sometimes they get things right.

...Meanwhile, I was watching a Democratic candidate debate and I've got to say, I'm very impressed with both Dennis Kucinich and Carol Mosely Braun. It was the first time I'd heard either of them speak. I know their platforms, of course, and they both represent an area of the political spectrum with which I resonate. But I was impressed with their delivery. I'm afraid I can't say the same about Kerry or even Dean, both of whom seemed like they were in a Saturday Night Live skit. All I could think of whilst watching is how they'll be lampooned. In terms of personality, I probably have the hardest time with Dick Gephardt (he seems so...boring) and Al Sharpton (not boring, but probably better as a perennial gadfly than President). Let's face it; political issues, although important, tend to shift like sand, so sometimes you have to go with an overall 'sense' of a person. I know it's not logical, but I found it interesting that the people I responded to most happen to be the most engaging AND I agree with their platforms. So, for now, I'll keep both of them on my links. (Okay, I'm on the fence. But hey, it's a big field, and we're six months from a primary.)

No comments: