Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Oh, this could make my life sooooooo much easier...

A local store, Slone's Signature Market, which is a smaller grocery than the big chains in town, is turning to online ordering AND DELIVERY as a means to reach a niche market. For someone like me who doesn't have a vehicle, and spent four hours the other day on a 'simple shopping trip' where I couldn't even get out of the parking lot with my cat litter bag and had to return it. The service is provided anywhere within Fayette county for just $10 (which granted can be a lot of money, which is better than cab fare. If you don't want the hassle of dealing with the store and lines but do have transportation, for $5 they'll get your order ready for you and you can just pick it up in a drive through window.

This, along with a phone call from my library consortium president offering to find me a ride to our meeting in Harrodsburg next week, is vastly improving my day. :)

No comments: