Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Remember the little waterfall I posted the other day?

This is what it looked three days later, after flash flooding throughout the area:

It's probably even bigger today. It's been raining steadily for some time and the ground is pretty much saturated. We have a flash flood watch again. When this picture was taken there was flooding around the Ohio Valley. Also, last weekend there was the tragic case where four Amish children drowned when their buggy went into a creek near Mayfield, Kentucky.

Fortunately the rain is supposed to end tonight and there are supposed to be a few flurries tomorrow but otherwise no precipitation until thunderstorms on Wednesday, so maybe we can dry out a bit. Indeed, it looks like it's stopped, at least for now.

Of course, I went to the grocery store earlier and got soaked to the skin, as it is difficult if not nigh impossible to carry an umbrella above you with two loaded tote bags. My hair is finally upgraded to damp, and my clothes are drying in the bathroom. I got home about an hour ago. Maybe I should have waited, but I need to work on the game notes.

I am giving up on the idea of working on game notes on Friday. Either I need to do it earlier in the week, or just do it on Saturdays. Friday I need to recuperate from the long week by resting and reading, that sort of thing. I had a very nice time yesterday but got no real 'work' accomplished. But today is another matter.

Okay, time to start working on said notes. Have a great day.

No comments: