Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I've been a very busy bee today

I got the game notes finished, took a shower, took out the recyclables and trash, excavated my living room, and created more recyclables and trash. I also finally parted with what was left of the Yule tree, which dried up a couple of months ago. I swear it's the damn glitter they spray on them. I had one without glitter for years, but ever since they've been putting that stuff on them, I can't keep them alive.

I also moved around the living room a bit. There's s section of my desk that's detached at the moment and I can't attach it because the side it goes on is at the wall and the desk is holding up I don't know how many books on a couple of boards, so I don't want to rearrange that part. I did move an end table over to the other side of the recliner, moved the table in front of the window down, and put the desk extension between the desk and the table with the printer on it, with the table and books stabilising it.

I also opened the windows today and it was nice to enjoy the sun and breeze coming through. I got rid of a lot of stuff, but there's more to go, and I can't sit in the recliner or the couch at the moment, but I'll work on those later. Tomorrow's the game, of course, and I'm usually pooped after that (I'm getting up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the grocery beforehand, and we lose an hour with the time change.) But the plan is to work on Monday and Tuesday on getting the living room up to snuff, and then tackle the kitchen. Most everything else just needs a little bit of work. It's the living room where I just park everything on the couch, etc. One of these days I will learn to put things back when I use them. Plus I still had stuff that had been in the car sitting in the living room. That's where the excavation came in. Welcome to the world of a hoarder. But I'm in spring cleaning/de-hoarding mood now, so that's a good thing, right?

No comments: