Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 26, 2011

In about an hour

I'm going to shut off almost everything electric in my apartment (an exception is the aquarium pump), light some candles, and enjoy being away from electronic gadgets and lights for one hour (Earth Hour). I know it doesn't make a huge difference in terms of worldwide power consumption, but it does raise awareness, and I try to do little things throughout the year to help the environment. If enough people do small things, they add up.

At 8:30 my Twitter icon will automatically turn dark. I've already made my Facebook one dark.

This is the first year I've actually been home to participate, I think. I hope you'll consider taking an hour out of your year and turning off the lights.

No comments: