Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 04, 2011

Okay, I don't want to seem like a hypocrite

Despite being mostly vegetarian (I do eat fish), I do own a couple of things of leather--my suede Birkenstocks being the most notable, and something I've bought myself (I still have a belt from before I stopped eating red meat 20 years ago, and a few things given to me like billfolds). I don't have good justifications for owning these or anything.

And I know, cows and other leather-producing animals are going to die for food anyway, so there's the argument of using all the parts, but somehow this bothers me immensely:

Couture Corner Store Bags: Plastic Handbags Upgrade With These Cast Of Vice Leather Shopping Bags

Yeah, they're touting the fashionable leather grocery bag as a great thing. Next it will be fur, you see.

No comments: