Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's nice to know the drool starts from the get-go

These are adorable.



The sweetest dog I have ever known is a Rottweiler. She rarely barks, and then it's a playful woof, although she howls when ambulances go by. In all the time I have known her, she has mostly bounced and drooled. She hugs by putting her big head between your legs and leaning into you. Before I met her, I would never have thought of having a Rottweiler. Now I'm quite changed on that front.

I never saw her as a puppy (she was a rescue dog), but I imagine she must have looked much like this. And like the puppies, I always liked the fact that she has her tail, the better to wag when she is happy.

Dogs are wonderful creatures. I only wish they lived as long as we did. But in their fleeting lives they can bring so much joy. We could learn a lot from them.

No comments: