Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm glad I got some warning

We got a note yesterday that said there had been a horrible payroll mistake meaning that we would get two direct deposits, and the one in error would be removed within 48 hours. So I just looked at my account and there's about $700 extra in it, making it look healthier than, well, it has in years, but it's just shadow money. :(

This is only the second time this has happened in 14 years, and at least we had warning to expect it this time.

Perhaps because of it (I don't really know what caused the error), this is our first payday with our raise on it. So I'm assuming the first deposit is correct, since it's a little more than usual, and the second on is incorrect, as it's a little less than normal. But I won't really know for sure until I see my pay statement tomorrow.

Also tomorrow I have to get my rent, so I should go back to sleep for a couple of hours. I have to take the bus to the bank at 8:40, take the bus back as soon as I can get a money order, walk back to the apartment, pay my rent, get a receipt, and then walk back to the bus stop and catch the 10:10 bus to be at work on time. I could just drop it off tomorrow after work, but you should always have a receipt, especially if you're paying a bit late, like I am. It's been the first time I've been late in months and months, but it was necessary, unfortunately.

So it would be great if that shadow money were real. But if wishes were horses....

No comments: