Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I've been very tired over the last few days

My blood sugar's actually been doing pretty well. I'm getting good sleep, with vivid dreams. I usually bounce back post-game within a day. It's true I got little sleep Saturday night because I was keyed up about the game. But it's Wednesday and I'm still tired. Maybe I'm a bit run down due to my menstrual cycle. Let me tell you, in three weeks I turn 44, edging slowly toward menopause, and I'm not going to be sorry to see 'the monthly visitor' go by the wayside. I just hope I don't go mad in the process. My friends are already bracing for it.

I came home tonight and frankly was too tired to cook some pasta, although I wanted to do some light straightening or at least wash the non-dishwasher-safe dishes. Instead I napped in the comfy chair for about an hour and a half, then tried to call my mom to check up on her and my grandmother. I had a very detailed dream about my grandparents the other night, where they were going on a trip together and we were all at the house to say goodbye. Since my grandfather has been dead for eleven years and my grandmother, who is 86, has not been in the best of health, and I sometimes have dreams that, in retrospect, seem a little premonitory, I was a bit freaked when I woke up, especially after I went back to sleep and went right back to the same dream. So you can see why I'd want to check up on them. Of course, it could just be my fears of losing my grandmother.

I have a friend that I used to work with at the store that is facing some seriously debilitating health issues, and I'm worried about him, too. I hope everything works out for him, and although we're of different faiths, when I go out tonight I'm definitely including him in my prayers. Hey, it can't hurt to have more than one divine intervention.

Okay, I've gone through my news reader, I've blogged enough to make sure no one thinks I fell off the face of the planet, and I've tried to get in touch with my family. I guess I'll try to read for a bit and maybe nap some more before it's time to give my libation and take my insulin for the night. Good night.

No comments: