Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Listening to:



I think most of us would prefer to be remembered fondly for the good things about our personality, the things that were important to us. We'd like to think someone would care at our passing. This song captures that desire perfectly.

When I listen to a song, the music is important, but for me the lyrics are doubly so. It's best if they're married together into a rich harmony. I think the band did an excellent job with the song.

Also, the video is visually interesting, with sets of a starship and the breathtaking views of space--where loneliness would bring forth just those sorts of thoughts, having left behind loved ones, so it tied in well with the song.

Just my opinion. I don't like everything that Linkin Park does, but I like several of their songs. This is one that wasn't familiar to me until just the other day, but it's already one of the ones I'd listen to often.

No comments: