Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Book #1 for the year

Okay, I didn't start it in 2011, but I finished it today, so I'm going to count it. It's White Night by Jim Butcher, #9 of the Dresden Files series, and I read it on the Kindle. I'll try to do a proper review of it sometime this week, but suffice to say it is a typical no-holds-barred smashem-up that I expect of Harry Dresden, plus a lot of inter-character conflict and bringing in a bunch of the secondary characters for the fun. So it was a nice, wild ride, and I enjoyed it.

I have a book out from the library that is unfortunately due tomorrow and can't be renewed because it's on hold. I hate 14-day books, especially when you get them over the holidays. I should have taken it with me when I went to my grandmother's. I may just have to let that go and read it later in the year. It's Running the Books: the Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian by Avi Steinberg. But I'm going to look through it tonight and see whether I want to go ahead and request it later.

No comments: