Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 17, 2011

So glad to be home

and out of the *expletive of your choice* boot. My foot's hurting more than it has since I went into it, so I took a couple of ibuprofen. Hopefully that will take the edge off of it.

I had a somewhat wild ride on the way home. It wasn't our regular bus driver, and this one sang spirituals, ran red lights, stopped at Wendy's, and drove in a breakneck, jerky fashion. Let's just say I was glad when he stopped and let me off.

Unlike many people, I don't get off for Martin Luther King Day, and it was a full workday today. I'm tired and contemplating a nap, but it's almost 8:30 pm as it is. Maybe I'll just sit and read in the comfy chair with my foot up.

I'm full from dinner at the cafeteria--tilapia with broccoli and tater tots, so I don't have to eat. I might have some crackers and peanut butter right before bed, when I take my insulin.

I need to sit down and pay some bills, but I've got a few days before they're due, so I think I'll just take the comfy chair option and set my alarm in case I fall asleep to take my medicine.

Just in case I don't write anymore tonight, goodnight.

No comments: