Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 31, 2011

Bless my co-workers

I have been fortunate that several co-workers have gone out of their way to give me a ride home, especially on days of nasty weather. Today I was heading out to the bus stop at the time I'm supposed to (7 pm), when most everyone has gone, but one of the managers was working late and offered a ride. So now I'm home out of the wet (it's not actively raining at the moment, but it looks like it could start back at any time) and didn't have to wait outside for a half hour for the bus.

I ran into my old boss from the hospital today and also someone I knew from working at the store. I also had something odd happen--I was visited by the wallet fairy. I came in to the library this morning and there were two brand new wallets on my desk--they still had the tags and enclosures, even the little crinkly paper. These were very nice billfolds--real leather--but apparently someone left them for me. One even has a checkbook cover and calculator. Whoever the anonymous wallet fairy is, thank you very much--they're lovely.

No comments: