Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I just powershopped my way through a very large Kroger

I brought 8 reusable bags; I used 7 (plus there was distilled water and toilet paper). I got out of there in 30 minutes, and with enough groceries to actually have some staples for less than $150. I stuck to my list well, just getting some spreadable fruit to go with my peanut butter and hummus and pita I'd forgotten to put down. For a change I got lots of canned veggies, since I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it to the store for heavy stuff during inclement weather, and they don't technically have to be heated. I got veggie chili and baked beans as well. Plus a lot of dairy (please don't have an ice storm/lose electricity), fruit like bananas, pineapple, apples, blueberries, and strawberries, and some salad greens to go with the tomatoes and onions I already have. Everything was absolutely healthy and nutritious (although a lot of cheese, so I guess that's high fat), with the exception of my Diet Sunkist. I don't think I've made such a large run since maybe September, if then. While I was at it I got snacks for the game (cheese, flatbread crackers, and walnuts). I got some regular crackers for putting together with peanut butter for a nightly snack when I take my insulin, and I got some glucose tablets that'll fit in my satchel nicely.

I'm craving dairy. I suspect the stress fracture. I went ahead and got orange juice with calcium and vitamin D while I was at it.

What I did not get: ice cream, sweets (although the fudge looked divine) or anything like that. I didn't even ask if there were any more Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the box Brandon had in his van. :)

Bless Brandon for taking me. He's moving right now, and I know how busy that is. I am now eating something and thinking about getting back to those notes.

No comments: