Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today I picked a book up at the library I don't know if I can read


It's not in another language. It's not extremely difficult prose. It doesn't look boring. In fact, it looks quite interesting. But it is on a very difficult subject for me. It's a dog book. I don't normally do dog books. I was the kid who was almost banned from watching 'Lassie' because I cried through every episode. I was banned from 'Run, Joe, Run' in the 70s. This is a book that I expect is uplifting, but with a lot of heartbreak between the pages. Just reading the flaps on the cover and flipping through the photos brought tears.

The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption

I'll let you know if I make it through it.

No comments: