Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 22, 2004

So, what's the point of a bus system that doesn't work?

Bus routes, schedules are cut

If you've read this blog for awhile, you've probably heard me complain about the ups and downs of LexTran, our bus system. If it weren't for my mom and stepdad's generosity of finding me a good used car, I'd still making four-hour trips to the grocery. No Sunday service? No service on night after 8:20...before the stores are even closed, or in the summer while it's still light outside? Come on.

I've long thought we needed better support for the system, and frankly, better management, too. The past few years the bus system has gone from barely a mass-transit solution to frankly just broken. I'm about all those people who won't be able to go to work unless they, too, luck into a car or can find someone willing to give them a ride. Argh.

No comments: