Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 10, 2004

How best to deal with a rejection letter?

Play 'Get Medieval', a game through RealArcade and kill lots of 'girly monsters', as one character, a big buff Schwarzeneggar clone puts it.

The Lexington School was impressed with my background, and I think I did well in the interview, but since I do not have actual job experience in a school--just training in children's lit and library programming for children and the experience at the hospital with our early literacy project and some work with patients--I think they felt they needed to go with someone more qualified. That's okay, I knew it was a longshot. At least I got some interview experience in. I think they were impressed by my willingness to seek certification if it would help serve the students.

I really didn't see it as a job that was a 'good fit'. I'd do much better in an adult academic setting, to be honest. I'm in my element ; it's what I trained for, and where I spent almost half my life. I have no doubt that the right sort of job will come along. I just know things are going to be tough until it does, and it's hard not to feel pressured to take any job at this point.

On the plus side, I had a great day...a birthday continuation including lunch, shopping, and Starbucks, followed by watching TV with friends. Now I think I'm going to get a little more game play in and then do a 'Spa Lisa' on myself. 'Night.

No comments: