Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

It bothers me that

20 years after taking college calculus, I could not calculate a derivative if my life depended on it (fortunately most people are not held at gunpoint and made to do higher math). So, given the power of the web, I've decided to do a study on my own. I don't know how this happened; I miss calculus. I miss chemistry and doing stochiometry. I want to do math. Am I being taken over by aliens? Actually I think part of it is a better sense of self-esteem. I used to think I was awful in math, when really, I was above average, just sucky compared to my reading skills.

I also found my Hebrew book in the great excavation, and I'm getting rusty so it's time for a review.

Ah, the bliss of not being in school--you get to study when and what you want, and screw grades.

No comments: