Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 30, 2004

One last thing

I was checking on the status of Mad Mad House, since I am now without cable and can't watch, and I came across a story where Nicholas Brendon of 'Buffy: the Vampire Slayer' has voluntarily entered rehab for alcholism. Sad, but I'm glad he decided to seek help. I admire his efforts to overcome obstacles; I first learnt of his overcoming stuttering through ads in Exceptional Parent magazine. Apparently he has been the honourary chairperson for the Stuttering Foundation of America's Stuttering Awareness Week for three years now. By the way, here's a bit of trivia I didn't know--his name always sounded like it was a first and middle one, and that's actually true; he keeps his last name private, and he has a twin brother, Kelly Donovan. Hmmm...I'm betting someone in the family is Irish. :)

As for Mad Mad House, I'm a little disappointed to see Eric, who just comes off as a jerk, still on. I have to admit, I'm rooting for Nichole, and I think she's probably done the best job, at least from what I've seen. From the beginning, the three I did not want to see win were Kelly, Tim, and Eric. My favourite Alts are Art, Avocado, and Ta'Shia. Fiona's seems a little high-strung. Don...well, let's just say that I think he values shock-value more than substance, and even the other Alts struggle to deal with him.

There are a lot of things on the website like chat transcripts. Now both Don and Fiona have their own websites. Ta'Shia has a blog.

Well, we've had about one minute of rain, followed by silence, I have two cats perched on top of my computer who seem ready to adjourn to the bedroom, and I think it's time to go to bed. (I am so happy to be able to stay up again and not be getting up at 4 am!). Cerys, however, has burrowed under some of my laundry-to-do (yes, I still have part of my backlog) on the couch, so I think she'll stay there for the night. I'm interested to see what I dream tonight. The night before last was a vivid return of Cole from 'Charmed', but a good Cole, with a wedding and odd stuff along the way, but here in Lexington. Last night involved Versailles (one town over, and pronounced here like 'Ver-sales', a river, a journey, and women, ,but I don't remember the particulars...I do know that I somehow got a lot of my job frustrations out in the dream and essentially bitched in my head throughout the night. So who knows what's next? 'Night.

No comments: