Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 12, 2016

I had two things I wanted to accomplish tonight

  1. Go to the store and get sympathy cards for my friends on the loss of their pet.
  2. Watch The Imitation Game, which I have as a DVD out from Netflix right now.
Instead, I fell asleep, oh, about 6 or 7 pm, and didn't wake up till a friend called me tonight around 10 pm. Uncharacteristically, I went on out, even though it was late, to get the cards. I also found a beach towel that (Heaven help me) matches my swimsuit, a bright pink. They were working on the pool today, getting it ready for Memorial Day weekend. :) I haven't watch the movie, and probably won't tonight, although I'd like to. But it's already 11:30 or so.

It's been a sad day. I'm taking the poor dog's passing harder than one friend, who, secure in knowing it was time, is comforted by that. I am, too, I guess, but I'm just more emotional, or at least don't keep quite the control of emotions that he does. I tried putting a picture of her on my desktop, but it was too soon. Instead, I put up a theme of playful puppies cavorting and playing from the Microsoft website. It cheered me up. My favourite picture of the slideshow looks like this:



A friend surprised me by showing up at work for lunch today. He's got a lot on his mind, and wanted to get out of the house. We'd been in a meeting when he showed up and I didn't hear the page. My boss bought us lunch from Salsarita's food truck today, and I was going through the lunch line for a drink when the cashier said a friend was here. He joined us and we had a pleasant lunch. There was so much food in the Salsarita's order that I split it with him. The chips and burrito bowl were very good, and the poquitos were excellent. I wasn't so much into the queso, though, but maybe it was an off day.

I forgot to take a couple of books back to the library today, so I'll get charged a day of fines. I'd been doing so well! Oh, well, 30 cents or so won't break me. But I'm definitely going to try to run them by on the way to work tomorrow. I have another due tomorrow that I'm going to try to renew--the one on the Medici family.

Okay, I think I'll get those cards ready to send. I can't find my stamps (again); no doubt I put them in a safe place, but not the postal box. I'll have to pay tomorrow at work for them to run through the meter. Oh, well.

No comments: