Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wow, I'm tired...

I left work at 1:10 pm today. It is now 6:45 pm. I am finally home. I have the crud. I have had two shots in my butt, had blood taken, had a chest x-ray, was prescribed numerous medications, and I am now the proud owner of a nebuliser. Unfortunately, the doctor's office forgot to send over the script for the liquid that goes in the nebuliser, so I can't use it tonight and will probably have to go to the pharmacy again tomorrow. But still, I should be on the mend and breathing better soon. Don't worry, lunch bunch, I was told I wasn't contagious. I had to go to two pharmacies because my normal one was out of the codeine syrup.

Official diagnoses: Asthma, Shortness of Breath, Acute Sinusitis, Acute Serous Otitis Media (Bilateral), and Cough. In other words, the crud. I had the two shots (an antibiotic and a steroid) and have been prescribed an antibiotic, a prednisone pack, the syrup for nighttime, an antihistamine/decongestant, albuterol (for both the nebuliser and rescue inhaler), and an expectorant. I have been referred to a pulmonologist as well. I have been running all over this town going to the nurse practitioner/doctor's office, the radiology department of the hospital, the respiratory care company, the two pharmacies, and back home. I pretty much crossed town and back, as the doctor/hospital was in the east and the pharmacy was in the west. The respiratory place was somewhere south of middle, and work is basically in the middle. So the only part of town I didn't go through was north.

I've never used a nebuliser before, so the lady showed me how. This one is a portable one that can be used at home or at work. It even had a chargeable battery and car adapter. I really wish I could use it tonight, as the whole crud thing is worse when I'm trying to sleep. But I should be able to tomorrow. Unfortunately the doctor's office had already closed when I found out it wasn't at the pharmacy, so I'll have to call them tomorrow.

So now I'm tired. And I'm a little peckish, but at the same time, don't want to eat, and I don't have much in the house, and what I have must be cooked, so I'm just not feeling like scrambling eggs or making macaroni and cheese or other pasta. Maybe later. I think I'll take start what medicine I'm supposed to and take a nap (not take the codeine quite yet, though).

No comments: