Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Just as I was about to turn off the Grammys

I finally saw the new Android ad by Google:



Yeah. It is cute. And I like the message. :) What can I say, I'm an Android girl, and just not into the whole Apple scene.

PS I am also not really into awards shows. They're slow and tedious for the most part. I watched them give out something like three awards an hour, and was really only interested in 'Song of the Year', which was won by the team that wrote 'Stay with Me'--which is a really good song; I was just pulling for Hozier. But it had its moments, and I tuned in just in time to see Hozier do 'Take Me to Church' and then have Annie Lennox come out and finish it with him, then sing 'I Put a Spell on You'. :) So it was okay. And I'm not sure which was weirder--Shia LeBouf's introduction of Sia, or Sia's performance with Kristen Wiig. And I'm somewhat embarrassed that when Paul McCartney, Rhianna, and Kanye West came out, I really didn't recognise the latter. I've just never really listened to his music, and since he got tangled up with the Kardashians I tune out anything about him. I did like several of the performances I saw, while others were well, just okay. But now I think it's time to head on to other things.

No comments: