Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I can't sleep

There are a whole bunch of things I have to do tomorrow, and it's causing some anxiety, because the roads won't be very good, and there are a lot of what-ifs in terms of my car. I'm not even sure it will start, what with the low gas and battery, and then I really have to clean it off, clean off some space behind it (the only thing I can think of for that is a broom--I don't own a shovel, since I live in an apartment), get to work, and then get to the pharmacy. I can just feel all sorts of tension building up, and even a little stomach trouble. I know I'll soldier on, but it's bothering my sleep. So I'm trying do so some deep breathing and relax. Sometimes I get this way when I'm full of expectation. I'm like this when it's time to take a plane somewhere, too. I feel like going out and doing something, anything, right now--clean off the car, go get the gas, even go into work, even though that's hours away, and there's probably a lot of re-icing on the road that doesn't make that quite advisable right now, plus the new snow should be starting soon. So I wait.

No comments: