Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I just got in from class

and it was a very good one, mainly on problem-solving. I'm enjoying the class very much, and it has good information and suggestions. I have a great deal of empathy for my fellows, many of whom are dealing with crisis situations and have turned to the class to help cope. Because of the Chicago trip, I am unfortunately going to miss the class that is specifically on self-care and coping, which is unfortunate, but I can get the materials the next class, and that should help. We mostly read through the materials in class and then share our viewpoints and experiences, so it's the latter I'll miss.

I tracked my food today, and while I ate more than usual, it came out to be far more than I should have. If I have any hope of flying and buckling my seat belt on the plane, I'd better cut it down in the next month. Besides, my blood sugar, while not horrible now, was much better when I was eating next to nothing. :) I have done a little exercise this week, walking around the inside of the hospital yesterday for fifteen minutes, like someone might walk around the mall. It was too cold to go out. Today would have been better for outside walking, but we're supposed to have snow tonight, and unfortunately I didn't think about taking a break and going out for one today. But when spring comes I definitely wan to do some walking.

I feel like I need to hang from gravity boots in order to stretch my spine out and maybe get it to relax and pop. I'm not really hurting or anything, but I just feel a little stiff. One of my goals on my health tracker (Samsung Health) is to do some yoga this week. I think it is definitely something I should try. I used to be good at it, or at least decent, but that was maybe 50 lbs ago. So we'll see. I have DVDs and then also workouts on the Smart TV that are basic and good for beginners. I think that may be a good start. I love the A.M. Yoga with Rodney Yee DVD (I also have the VHS, but had to replace it when my VCR went out, because I liked it so much.) But that is meant to energise you in the morning and wake you up. So I'm not doing that tonight. P.M. Yoga, which I also have, is good, but there are a lot of lunges if I remember, and it has someone other than Rodney Yee, someone not as soothing in the voice, etc. :) But I think I will break out the yoga mat tonight and try it before I head for bed, and maybe go through some yoga books as well.

No comments: