Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 20, 2015

One of my neighbours

has been digging a parking spot out nonstop for over two hours (I don't know how long before I came home) so she can get her car into the spot. She'd had it mostly done, I'd thought, when I got in, but she's still going, way past dark.

I left work early today and picked up my friend and we went by his house to pick up a prescription and then headed to the pharmacy so we could both get our medications. Then we tried to go to the Kroger on Alexandria Drive but there was no place to park and lots of frustrated drivers, so instead we went over to Chinoe's Kroger, got a few things for each of us, and then I dropped him off and came home. My street still hasn't been touched; my parking lot is now more clear than our street. I managed to pull into a parking space that was pretty clear, which is good, because we're looking at significant snowfall tonight, some ice, and some rain. It's all going to come down to what temperature things stay at, to see which we get more of.

Speaking of temperatures, it was -18 degrees here in Lexington. In one of the neighbouring counties, it was in the negative 30s--again, not wind chill, but rather air temperature. My car was a little reluctant to start, but did, and I was able to drive to work for the first time this week.

Plans tomorrow include a possible bigger trip to the grocery, but that will depend very much on the weather. I'd hoped to give blood, but I suspect that will not be possible. If I do get snowed in, I'll just hang out here. I doubt we'll get to play the game Sunday, but perhaps if things aren't too bad.

Okay, I think I'm going to do some things around here. I did dishes and put them away last night, gathered the recyclables, etc., but I need to take them out and straighten up. I feel bad sitting here next to the window while someone works so hard outside.

No comments: