Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 26, 2015

So I went ahead and gave blood

and that went well. The folks were very nice, and took my iron level first before I filled the paperwork out. Apparently those children's complete chewable multivitamins help, as I was at a good level. All in all it took a little less than an hour. I think they separate the blood into three parts usually, so a donation can help save the lives of three people. If you've never donated, and can, or maybe haven't donated in awhile, consider it. With all the horrible winter weather lately, blood drives get cancelled, regular donors can't make it, etc. Every bit helps. It's actually quite easy to do.

I went over to my friend's house afterwards, visited for awhile, and we watched an episode of 'Hart of Dixie'. Now we're at the appointment, so I'm typing on my laptop with the hotspot from the phone going.

It's been pretty nice to have a day away from work today. It's been a bit leisurely, even with times to be at various places. I'll be back at work tomorrow, though. But then in a couple of weeks there's the Chicago trip, so that will be fun--three days of mostly vacation with some meetings, too.

Speaking of Chicago, I brought my Fodor's book with me. I may see about looking through other places in the Loop and nearby environs that I can go to while I'm there. I'm sure there are restaurants, etc. I don't really have the money to go to the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum, although it would be nice to. I went to a planetarium in Wichita years ago as part of a school trip and really enjoyed it, and of course there's the Hubble Planetarium in nearby Richmond at Eastern Kentucky University, which I haven't been to before. But I definitely want to do the Field Museum.

No comments: