Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 15, 2010

Well, I got the house looking much better

(although there's still a lot of clutter to go through, and I forgot to clean the shower, so now that the bath and kitchen are so nice and shiny clean, it looks like something out of a horror movie), but as a result I crashed sometime around 9:30 last night and woke up at 8 am. Well, I did get up from 12:30-2 and played Civilization IV.

I've spent the last 45 minutes searching for my glucometer, which somehow managed to escape my purse. I had started to switch purses and changed my mind on which one, and it was in the other one. So at least that's that. I do have a backup one, but it doesn't have the lancet that I can use on my hand rather than my fingers, and that's important in my book. (And if you're thinking, go get a backup lancet, let me just say that those lancets are about $5 cheaper than getting a whole new set of the Mini One Touch Ultra meter I use. So if I couldn't have found it, it would have been in my best interest to go get a new one. These are only $20, but $20 is $20, so I'm glad I found mine. I love my little meter. LifeScan is also really good about if there's ever a problem with the product, they'll replace it, and their customer service is wonderful (I had trouble one time and they were able to walk me through the problem over the phone. Fortunately it was just a matter of a battery having shifted or something like that.)

Since I did find it, I'll take the vitamins with me today. (I was afraid my sugar levels might go too low in the afternoon if I don't monitor.) The vitamins seem to be really helping with my blood sugar. Yesterday I didn't have the metre with me, so I don't know how it went, but I felt much better than normal. Now I did forget to enter my food yesterday, and I got some cranberry flax oat bread from Great Harvest yesterday and had several thin slices, but still, kind of pigged out on that. I discovered that cinnamon in strawberry yoghurt is quite good (the cinnamon capsules are over an inch long, so I open them up over food).

Well, I'm ready for work, but I think I'll check the news. Hope you have a good day.

No comments: