Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A successful first day

Well, I started the regimen of horse pills and this is what happened:

My fasting blood sugar was 232 this morning, which is lower than it had been. Now that was before I took the supplements, but I've been eating well the last three days (although I did have a Pop-Tart this morning, as the only yoghurt was lemon), so I'm assuming that had a lot to do with it, plus I was up about half the night working on the house for the walk-through tomorrow.

Two hours after lunch, though, I checked and it was 197. Now you must understand, it has been running in the high 300s, almost 400 after lunch in the same time frame. So, I thought that was pretty good.

I checked my blood sugar before eating dinner, and it was 124. 124! That's four points over norm. At best I am about 140.

Okay, so it may just have been a good day. I'll continue to monitor my levels to see how it goes. I did open the cinnamon/chromium picolinate capsules into my milk. Tomorrow I'll try it with yoghurt instead. I noticed tasting the fenugreek several times in the morning, but it isn't unpleasant. Anyway, we're going to consider it a tentative success.

No comments: