Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 08, 2010

It's almost Halloween!

When I stopped at Walgreens yesterday for some medicine, I looked through their Halloween aisle and chose a few things for my desk (purple lights, spider webbing, and this lovely skull). I think he may become a regular fixture, actually, given that I work in an orthopaedic hospital. It took just a few minutes to set up and I got compliments all day.

Halloween is, of course, a religious holiday for me (Samhain, pronounces Sow-like-the-pig-an), but I also love the traditions that have grown up around it. Halloween is on Sunday this year (so we'll be gaming, appropriately, given our horror premise), so on Friday at work we'll dress up and the kids will trick-or-treat from office to office. That's also the day of our employee talent show. So it should be a fun day.

No comments: