Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 01, 2010

I seem to be on an animal-related post jag

Let me conclude with one more note. I now share the apartment with eight fish. I bough seven 19 cent goldfish at the pet store yesterday to see how they'd do in the tank. I almost had a small incident when I went to take out the bag; one of the fish got trapped and I almost threw it away! But so far everyone's doing fine, although there seems to be some more algae, so the nitrates are creeping up. I've put some stuff in that helps with nitrates, but we'll see. Here's hoping, anyway. I figure they were so cheap (common goldfish, although several are nicely coloured, even some white and orange) they'll grow to be eating size. :) Let's hope so.

And thanks to my co-worker Angela, who gave me a ride to Incredipet from work so that I was able to make my purchase, walk to the bus stop in front of Walmart, and get home on the same bus I would regularly have taken from the hospital. I was home before it was completely dark, and didn't have to walk home from the store.

No comments: