Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Today I:


  1. Sweated...a lot. It's very muggy and got up into the 90s today.
  2. Decided that I'd had enough with long hair, especially in mugginess. I had my hair cut to the nape of my neck and donated to Locks of Love.
  3. Signed up with T-mobile for a non-contract plan that will allow me to actually talk on my cell phone with people rather than have Twitter-like conversations because I'd get 35 minutes at a time with my prepaid account. I get 300 minutes per month (should be plenty), nights and weekends free, and five numbers whether cell or land line that I can call for free for $39/month. I got a $200 phone for $30 that has a camera/video, music, FM radio. It comes with a memory card and a Bluetooth headset for hands-free calling. The only downside so far is that because I have a T-mobile prepaid phone number, I can't transfer it to the new plan and will have to get another number. The phone model has mixed reviews (complaints are mostly about battery life, but I charge mine every night or two, so I think I should be okay).
  4. Was one of the few people inside at the hospital because many were volunteering with a sports clinic outside--in the muggy heat.
  5. Worked truck night. We are being decimated. One woman is in the hospital with a 102 degree fever (and she's pregnant, so I'm worried about her). One is out of town preparing for a relative's impending death. Another is getting over food poisoning, and I'm gimpy (can't go up the ladder easily with the boot on--I almost fell the other day) and having sinus issues or mild cold. That leaves the hyper girl and the manager at 100%, as far as I know.
  6. Fixed (I hope!) a computer software issue for a friend.


I did other stuff, of course, but those were the main ones. How was your day?

No comments: