Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm glad I went to Kroger when I did

because they closed at 9 pm for New Year's Eve. I actually did a real grocery run...$96! Plus, everything was healthy--veggies, fruit, whole grains, a little dairy (but not ice cream), fish, and eggs. I got some of the parchment paper for the steamer and some broccoli to steam with rice to go with the salmon.

I got up and went to Subway for a tuna sandwich and broccoli/cheese soup. Then I got the money order for my mother and mailed it along with my first book to be sent via PaperBackSwap.com. I also got my hair trimmed and got a calendar for the fridge and a daily planner for my ADD. Speaking of which, today was my first day on Strattera and I had no nausea, yay!

Then I went over to some friends' house, took one to work, another on an errand, and we watched lots of older TV programmes on YouTube. Then I went to the grocery and a pharmacy that sells alcohol so I'd have some burgundy wine tonight for a libation.

Wow, I accomplished a lot today. I'm glad I took off work. I just need to pick my friend up from work and then come back home in time for the midnight libation. I may start on the aquarium tonight and finish tomorrow morning. Or I could do notes; I should probably do the latter.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch Hellboy II with a friend. I'm off from the hospital on Friday (but have to work at the gas station). I'm enjoying having some time to just relax and take it easy. Today was busy but it wasn't stressful and I felt like I was accomplishing a lot.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year.

No comments: