Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm up early this morning

since I got so much rest last night. I'm off today--yay! On the agenda: work on notes, at least what I had recorded (I ran out of battery power last week and had to record some on paper alone, and those are at the game master's house). I'd also like to get the aquarium set back up (this entails a thorough cleaning/filling and treating the water, and then letting it run for a few days before fish are introduced). I'm going to try to get some livebearers from Brenda, who has several tanks, before trying to buy any. At noon I'm taking a friend somewhere. After that I don't really have plans. Maybe another friend and I can finally watch Skeleton Key this afternoon, or he might have a project or two to tackle.

I'm going to have to go to the doctor as soon as possible--Monday or Tuesday, before New Year's, because I have some sort of infection, maybe a UTI, maybe something of the female variety, or some combination (yeah, I know, that's too much information), because in addition to the pain and irritation and having to go to the bathroom all the time, I'm having pain in my back in the kidney area and I'm afraid it might be spreading. I meant to get some cranberry juice when I went to the store just now, but I forgot. Drat.

Someone massacred a Christmas tree in the hallway at about 2:30 in the morning. I heard them (there were several people, I think), but didn't know what it was at the time. This morning there are pine needles all over the hallway floor and a tree by the dumpster. The trees are always so sad-looking after Christmas. I've got a few branches that have dried out (Norfolk Virginia pines tend to shed the bottom branches), but I'm glad I have a potted tree that will hopefully make it until next winter.

My amaryllis at work leafed out nicely but hasn't set a flower stalk. Maybe I didn't water it enough in the resting phase (I forgot about it, in truth.) But my Christmas cactus has a few buds on it, and they're getting big, so I think it will bloom any day. Yay!

Okay, that's enough. I'm actually starting to get sleepy again and I have a lot to do. Have a great day.

No comments: